Get your dream home improvement project off the ground and running. We believe an honest assessment of your needs and wants up front is essential to crafting a good action plan. As an added bonus, this early planning is proven to reduce overall project time, cost, and stress.
- Assessment of existing conditions
- In-depth review of family and project goals
- Distinguishing between needs and wants
- Exploration of project options – alternate design approaches, material choices, cost saving opportunities
- Assessment of which professionals are needed: general contractors, specialty contractors, designers, architects, and any other expertise the project might need
- Realistic budget development
- Target schedule layout
It’s also important to understand how your life will be affected during the construction. This phase is only temporary, but it will inevitably be a disruption. Good planning can turn it from a nightmare into an adventure.
- Discussion of living onsite vs moving out during the remodel
- Review of environmental safety concerns, especially if children or pets are involved. Risks like lead, asbestos, and VOCs, not to mention physical hazards like open walls, all need mitigation plans.
- Decision on DIY vs. hiring contractors
- Expectations about contractors, including hours, cleanliness , facility use, and parking
The fee for this service is dependent on the project. Please call for a free consultation.